Re: Media changed: please insert the disk labeled 'Debian GNU/Linux 7.4.0 _Wheezy_

Theodore Alcapotaxis wrote:
----- Original Message -----
From: Richard Owlett
Sent: 04/24/14 12:49 AM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Media changed: please insert the disk labeled 'Debian GNU/Linux 7.4.0 _Wheezy_

I'm working towards a similar goal. My restrictions include: 1. not only minimal internet , but absolutely *NO* networking at all 2. not only installing a few specified packages, but allow installing *any* package from the distro 3. automating the install with an appropriate preseed.cfg

Well, I hate to be the harbinger of bad news. It appears there is a bug in apt-cdrom that prevents one from installing packages -post-installation- from the USB stick without the need to access the internet.[SNIP]

I don't use apt-cdrom. I loop mount images of the DVDs. It may or may not meet your total needs. I hope to have a detailed write up in about a week. I'm using Squeeze (6.0.5) and Wheezy (7.1) as test beds. Not having fast internet I'm restricted to using only DVD sets available for purchase.