Re: Personal Recommendations for Free List Compatible Email Service

On Tue, 22 Apr 2014, Henning Follmann wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 09:47:24AM -0700, Patrick Bartek wrote:

> > > I do not know what you are expecting.
> >
> > I didn't want all the headaches of Google+ (something I'll NEVER use
> > or participate in) just for an email account.
> >
> > > Free does not exist. There is always a price.
> >
> > It was a price I was unwilling to pay.
> >
> > > Unfortunately today the majority chooses free beer over free
> > > speech.
> >
> > Well, I've done a little research, and have found I can have both
> > free beer and free speech. You can get a "free" gmail account
> > without Google+.
> >
> Errrrrrrr. Wrong.
> You pay with being spied on for marketing purposes.

I don't know how useful such marketing info will be on correspondence
from a few technically oriented mail lists.  Google probably gets way
better info from Chrome. ;-)  Although from the ads I see, I think
the algorithm is very badly broken.  It has yet to correctly determine
even my gender.