Re: install cinnamon

hello

I'm sorry, I didn't want to break any thread and yes I did that you Brad wrote.
Clicked the answer for all, delete the buddies and wrote a new subject.

Next time I'll open a new thread.

Balint

On Mon, 2014-04-21 at 20:56 +0100, Brad Rogers wrote:
On Mon, 21 Apr 2014 14:43:31 -0500
"c. marlow" <chris@marlows.org> wrote:

Hello c.,

>I was just curious why that question would not be allowed into the
>group? Isnt this group for Debian users that are using plain debian
>and not a directive as in Ubuntu, mint?

It's not that the message isn't allowed, but the way you created it
that's the problem.  What you did when viewing a message was hit reply
to a message, delete all its contents and change the subject.  That does
not create a new thread(1), since it retains all reference and in reply
to headers.  As such, your new topic appears in an unrelated thread.
This muddies the waters for those following that thread.  Second, those
not following that thread will never see your post.  This means you cut
your chances of getting a helpful response.

(1)  Some software (most notably that from a large multi-national
corporation) will give the appearance of doing so because it ignores
those reference and in-reply-to headers for threading purposes.  That
same software will still transport said headers though.