Re: Heartbleed (was ... Re: My fellow (Debian) Linux users ...)

On Apr 13, 2014 11:03 PM, "Chris Bannister" <cbannister@slingshot.co.nz> wrote:

> Then there is also the very serious issue of embedded devices using
> openssl. Tablets, smartphones, routers, ... etc. etc.

You're correct about network hardware (though the only one I'm aware of so far is F5 with the latest firmware). If anyone knows of other network hardware that uses openssl (any version) I'd like to know.

However, how exactly would this bug be used to compromise a client (tablet or smartphone) whose app uses openssl libs?

(I think you spoke in err and my initial intent was to dispel FUD. However if there's a way, I'm really curious)