Re: BD-R and wheezy

On 10/04/14 08:32, Kevin Price wrote:
> Is there an easy way to burn BD-R on wheezy?

Yes. Several. And much fine documentation on the subject.

> I met a guy at a LUG
> that wanted to try linux but he lives out in the middle of nowhere
> and has 56k. Since I have cable, I downloaded the Blu Ray images
> using jigdo. I am having a lot of trouble burning them to disk. I
> tried basero, but that gives the error that the disk isn't supported.
> Is there a way to get this working?

I haven't used brasero (it's GNOME, I'm KDE), but a quick scan of the
man pages shows it supports blu-ray.

Two things to check:-
;that your burner supports blu-ray.[*1]
;that your burning program (brasero, k3b etc) is configured to use
cdrecord, which supports blu-ray.

Kind regards

[*1]
cat /proc/sys/dev/cdrom/info

dmesg | egrep -i --color 'dvd/|blu/|cdrom/|writer'

cd-drive # requires libcdio-utils be installed first