Re: DynDNS no longer free.

On Tue, Apr 8, 2014 at 7:03 PM, Brad Alexander <storm16@gmail.com> wrote:

Over lo these many years, I have run ez-ipupdate on my perimeter to keep my dynamic hostname in sync. So I pulled up the description, which says:

" Currently supported are: ez-ip (http://www.EZ-IP.Net/), Penguinpowered
 (http://www.penguinpowered.com/), DHS (http://members.dhs.org/),
 dynDNS (http://members.dyndns.org/), ODS (http://www.ods.org/),
 TZO (http://www.tzo.com/), EasyDNS (http://members.easydns.com/),
 Justlinux (http://www.justlinux.com), Dyns (http://www.dyns.cx),
 HN (http://dup.hn.org/), ZoneEdit (http://www.zoneedit.com/) and
 Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker (http://ipv6tb.he.net/)."

I apologize. I should have vetted these before posting them. Best as I can tell, ez-ip, penguinpowered, and hn seem to be gone, dhs, ods, easydns are no longer free, tzo got acquired by dyndns (thus under the 30 days left clause), and zoneedit (verisign) is also not free.

dyns claims to have a free service, but requires a minimum of a 5 Euro donation.

So again, I apologize. I thought the ez-ipupdate list would be more current.

Regards,
--b