[SOLVED] Re: vesa mode code?

Am Mittwoch, 9. April 2014, 02:20:16 schrieb Scott Ferguson:
> On 09/04/14 01:33, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> > On Ma, 08 apr 14, 16:20:22, Hans wrote:
> >> Is it possible (and if yes, how), to compute the code from the wanted
> >> solution? For example, if I want to have 1440x900, can I compute the
> >> vga=whatever code? Or must I always look into a table?
>
> See:-
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/GRUB_Legacy#Framebuffer_resolution
> vbetool will probably give you the same info.
>
> More detailed information on calculating mode numbers:-
> http://wiki.antlinux.com/pmwiki.php?n=HowTos.VgaModes

Hi Scott, Andrei and all the others, who helped me. The link, Scott sent was
exactly the thing I searched for. Now I know, why there are different
expressions (like hex or decimal) and why it is working the way, it does.

I looked for it a long time, and at last I dared to ask. As I am using linux
now for such a long time, this thing was always a question in my mind, and I
did not want to be a morone, to ask for it.

However, there is always something to learn.

Thank you very much for your help.

Problem solved! Great!

Cheers

Hans