Re: pool to dists assocation?

On Sat, 05 Apr 2014, Peter Michaux wrote:
> Another option I saw in the man page for apt-ftparchive is the
> FileList option to specify exactly which files are included in each
> distribution. I had it working but the idea of maintaining extra lists
> of files seems like more work than I'd like and probably error prone.

The easy way to handle this for small archives is to just have separate
directories per suite instead of using pool directories.

If you need the same version in multiple suites, you can just hard (or
soft) link the files together.

You can see an example of using apt-ftparchive this way here:
http://git.donarmstrong.com/?p=bin.git;a=blob_plain;f=build_archive;hb=HEAD

No matter how many instances of white swans we may have observed, this
does not justify the conclusion that all swans are white.
 -- Sir Karl Popper _Logic of Scientific Discovery_