Re: Puzzled: synaptic wants to install 'unauthenticated' ssh (and others)

On 07/04/2014 10:53, Joel Rees wrote:
I understand that every now and then, less well managed mirrors (or perhaps
less well-funded?) get cross-wise of their updates.

In the meantime, you might clear your cache and try again?

It seems to work fine this morning, so it may have been a cache problem which has since expired anyway, because I did a 'reload'. Another poster had suggested checking the clock, and it was ok.

We'd also had some dns resolver problems on our network gateway over the weekend, and I wonder if some responses were missed during the authentication sequences - maybe.

But it's fine now, and thanks very much for the help.

regards, Ron