Re: How to Switch Between Gnome and KDE

On Sunday 06 April 2014 04:43:51 ray wrote:
> > At logon, you can choose between any desktop environments and
> > window
> >
> > managers you have installed, and usually there is also a 'last
> > one
> >
> > used' entry.
> >
> > Joe
>
> Great, thank you.  I can now switch.  I was hoping to see a change.

As has been suggested, you appear to have changed Display Manager
(thanks, guys.  The original Mrs. Malaprop, me.) and not desktop
environment.  You were probably using gdm3.  If you still are, there
does appear to be a problem indeed and it is not just you.  This
might help:
https://ask.fedoraproject.org/en/question/8018/fedora-16-gdm-howto-change-desktop-to-log-in/

If you have managed to switch to kdm, then click where it
says "session" and you will get the chance to chose your desktop
environment.  I am not a fan of either GNOME3 or KDE4, so I am not an
expert on them, - but they are certainly different.  Here's a picture
of the kdm login screen.  You will see the word "session" down at the
bottom left of the screen.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KDE_Display_Manager

Lisi