Re: Long-term support for Squeeze

On 03/19/2014 01:42 AM, Scott Ferguson wrote:

After all, the clock keeps ticking and Debian squeeze is going to reach
its End of Life in less than two months otherwise."

Whatever happens, I'd keep 'Squeeze LTS' for at least a couple of years more, if for nothing else but for keeping the old hardware playing as a firewall/router for the rest of the home LAN. I checked the difference in between Squeeze and Wheezy HW requirements and it seems that Wheezy asks for some more RAM. And one of my old machines has only 224 MB of RAM with Celeron 400 MHz CPU. That old box runs 6.0.9 now and I am not sure if it would accept an upgrade to 7.0.4 - not to mention that its HDD also does not have too much free space ...

However, if Squeeze is going to be officially abandoned soon, I'd search for some alternatives ...