Re: Exim4: automatically GPG-encrypting messages to specific recipients

On Sunday 06 April 2014 12:50:09 Joe wrote:
> On Sun, 06 Apr 2014 12:57:52 +0200
>
> Michael Schuerig <michael.lists@schuerig.de> wrote:
> > I'd like exim4 to automatically encrypt messages to a specific
> > recipient with the recipient's GPG public key.
> >
> > I thought this was a common issue with an established solution, but
> > surprisingly I could not find anything. When I asked elsewhere, the
> > reply was in effect "it's complicated".
> >
> > I'm barely a novice as far as exim4 is concerned. Any hints?
>
> This isn't really the kind of thing that exim4 would normally get
> involved in. If security is necessary, you want it client-to-client,
> not just between servers. While you may be using exim4 on the same
> machine as your email client, this isn't the expected usage, and MITM
> attacks may happen in a network (or even within a computer, for that
> matter).

I don't intend to use it for personal mail. I want this for system-
generated messages that are send to root. Those messages are already
forwarded (/etc/aliases) to another user; in addition I'd like to send
them to an (presumably) insecure email account hosted at a mail
provider.

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig