Net install cd, Not a Bug Report!!

Guys!

I want to thank ya'll for how well the net installation CD image works. I have spent many days attempting to install various distributions from CDs and DVDs ubuntu, fedora, suse mint etc. None of them could get past the partition editor stage of the install process. I have no clues why none of them worked. My understanding of Linux is at best intermediate.

In an attempt to make a "final" try. I downloaded a Debian 7.4 Net Install CD image to do a net install.  Success! I've used the same disk on 4 different computers and it's worked every time.  Whatever partitioning tool is on that disk far surpasses what's on the other distros. Something on those other distros is seriously broken so please don't change your partition editor.

What started this spasm of Linux activity is the April 8th, XP Apocalypse/Shutdown of support. I refuse to deal with Windows 8.X.  My major reason for all the effort was to replace my old installs of XP Pro. I need to get a clear understanding of at least one flavor of Linux OS. It looks like Debian will be it.

Again, thank you for such a bug-free install!

Miles Wade