Re: pool to dists assocation?

On Sat, 05 Apr 2014, Peter Michaux wrote:
> Using dpkg --info for these two packages, I don't see what information
> is used about the package so that dpkg-ftparchive knows with which
> distribution to associate each package.

The association between versions of binary/source packages and a suite
is tracked by dak which builds the Packages and Sources files. [There's
a postgresql database which actually tracks all of this.]

Herodotus says, "Very few things happen at the right time, and the
rest do not happen at all. The conscientious historian will correct
these defects".
 -- Mark Twain _A Horse's Tail_