Re: The quest for a multimonitor screensaver

On Fri, Apr 04, 2014 at 07:05:28PM -0400, Ric Moore wrote:

> Uberto Lauri has been a source of great help,  And so far I've
> gotten this far towards a multiscreen screensaver
> by running one directly like this:
> ric@iam:/usr/lib/xscreensaver$ ./glschool -geometry 5440x1024+1
>
> ...for four monitors. But, it doesn't jump to fullscreen number 1
> monitor (leftmost) , although I can drag the window to the first
> monitor and pull on the sides and bottom to fill all the monitors.
> It works, so that is sort of a proof of concept. Anyone know how to
> achieve the effect desired via command line so I can use something
> like xautolock to initiate a full spread across multi-monitors and
> have it start in the leftmost monitor? That seems to be the Holy
> Grail for the lack of such a feature using Linux on the desktop.
> Windows has it, which makes me crazy. :) Ric

Where does the glschool appear? I would expect that to give a window
5440 pixels wide, 1024 pixels tall, with the left edge offset by one
pixel from the left side of the display area. There is no indication as
to where the top of the window would be.

A -geometry of $WIDTHx$HEIGHT+0+0 would give a window anchored in the
top left of the display area. Since you give a height of 1024 I'll
assume you are running screens of 1280x1024, in which case '-geometry
5120x1024+0+0' should give what I think you're looking for.

Cheers,
Tom

--
You mean you don't want to watch WRESTLING from ATLANTA?