Re: Not receiving list mail

On Wed, Apr 02, 2014 at 10:27:02PM -0600, Paul E Condon wrote:
> Read the description at Debian.org. I don't get my ideas about why it
> is there from hearsay. I didn't know about it until you mentioned it.
> I looked for it today and report what I found.
>
> > Seriously, you would expect people that don't post regularly to
> > subscribe to a whitelist - Dream on. How would they even know it exists?
>
> I don't have any expectation or knowledge about how it is actually
> used.  I do think that somebody more central to the Debian community
> than I, did have the expectation that is stated on the web site. I
> remember when software market gurus believed that open or free
> software was a crazy idea that never would be useful. Maybe it is
> still not useful for some people, but I don't think that view is held
> by many of the people who frequent this list. Part of Debian is an
> avowed goal of Changing the World. Straightforward statements of this
> can also be found on Debian.org
>
> IMHO, you are mistaken in your assessment of the internal workings
> of Debian, and it colors the advice that you give.
>
> My paraphrase of what is said was only for the purpose of informing
> of what I had found. I hope you and others will find it, read it,
> and try to understand where it fits in the Debian scheme of things.

I've been here (not always participating) over 12 years, so I think I
know how things work somewhat. If you had been paying attention - you
would have noticed that it was mentioned that at one time yours truly
had been told to use said whitelist by one of "one of those close to the
Debian community". Now perhaps they were mistaken, all I'm saying is
what I was told.

What advice are you referring to exactly? You do know that
participication in the Debian community is often controversial at times,
and when did I ever comment on the "Internal workings of Debian"?

I do lurk on the developers list, but don't believe I've ever commented
on the workings internally .... Even with the amusing at times systemd
discourse.