Re: metamail removed

On Thu, 3 Apr 2014, Francesco Ariis wrote:

Searching in packages [1] for metamail leads me to a list of news, the first one
(in reverse chronological order) telling me that it has been removed from testing
because not in unstable (Hint: Package not in unstable), the second one [2] with
the reason you were probably seeking ("RoQA; orphaned, missing upstream, buggy").
There is a bug report linked, with additional additional-info.
Does this help?

  yes, thanks. I had just looked at the 1st one...
  I feel surprising that such a program didn't find any new maintener. as there are,
  for other applications, a big number of packages to do almost the same job.
  I found a replacement candidate to metamail, reformime. I'll see wether it
  can provide the same functiunality(expecting it will not get orphaned too!)

best regards,
--
Pierre Frenkiel