Re: google drive client on debian

On Wed, Apr 02, 2014 at 11:47:19AM -0600, ChadDavis wrote:
> > > Of course, the official linux client from google should probably drop one
> > > of these months.
> >
> > Really?! Last time I had a discussion on G+ they were of the mindset
> > that they wanted 3rd parties to develop for it, after all the toolkit
> > was released for that purpose. Do you have a cite for this claim?
> >

> I got that sense from reading a lot of articles from recent years, like
> this one.  Maybe you have got a better sense of the project straight from
> the horses mouth?
>
> http://www.cnet.com/news/google-drive-for-linux-patience-patience/
---end quoted text---

Well as the article states it's not a high priority - probably because
of Ubuntu One (the latter is my opinion). That's the sense I got over a
year ago directly from the Google Drive Team on G+. They preferred 3rd
party solutions. <shrug>

Mind you, I wouldn't mind be proven wrong .... :)