Re: Not receiving list mail

On Wed, Apr 02, 2014 at 04:32:33PM +0200, Alexander Wirt wrote:
> On Wed, 02 Apr 2014, Mr Queue wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 2 Apr 2014 08:54:54 -0500
> > "Craig L." <craig@gtek.biz> wrote:
> >
> > > I have not received any list mailings since 30 March. I see there are at least
> > > two other people reporting the same problem. I doubt my ISP is blocking
> > > anything as they don't even seem to be able to prevent their internal
> > > communications from being broadcast to normal users.
> > >
> > > Is there any way to troubleshoot this issue? I created a gmail account and
> > > subscribed to the list there, and that is working fine. I sent an email from it
> > > to this account, and it came through. I can always stick with gmail if I need
> > > to, but I would rather stick with this account if possible.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Craig
> >

> > Indeed does seem to be an issue. Cc'ed the listmaster, perhaps they can clue us in.
> Unfortunatly clairvoyance is no requirement for being a listmaster. Without
> some details, like the subscribed mailaddress, the list, maybe a timestamp.
> We won't be able to say anything.
>
> Alex - Debian Listmaster

Yes Alex, I agree and I apologize for the dearth of information on my part. My
address is craig @ gtek. biz (spaces intentional), and I am only subscribed to the
debian-user list. Unfortunately I can only give a broad idea of time. I had sent a
message asking for help with a “Hash Sum mismatch problem” on 29 March at 11:10
-0500. I received a reply and replied to it a couple of hours later, at 13:18
-0500.

I know I received a few list emails after that, but I wasn't able to provide
anything useful to those so I deleted them. This is all on my main system using
mutt. On Sunday morning (30 March), after having not received anything since the
afternoon before I logged into the email web interface to see if there was
anything there. Nothing new, and I cleaned that inbox out as well. This reply is
directly to you since you must have CC'd me in to your reply. I have also CC'd the
list. I hope that is acceptable.

So the best I can tell you, timeframe-wise, is that the last message received
would have come in probably early evening CDT, say around midnight GMT.

That being said, I see Mr Queue has reported that the mailing list has been listed
with senderscore. Hopefully that will get the issue resolved, but I am willing to
do anything to help, with one caveat. I am at work right now so I may be a bit
slow in responding.

Thanks!
Craig