Re: Debian installs for the bandwidth limited (e.g. dialup)

On Tue, 01 Apr 2014, Richard Owlett wrote:
> The types of questions that a single document or a coordinated
> documents should cover include { *NOTE* I've already found at least
> partial answers}:
>   How to install with a preseed file
>   A. what parameters might be entered after "TAB to edit menu
> entry".
>   B. Use of F2/F1 keys to enter missing instructions.
>   C. What can be preseeded that isn't mentioned in example
> preseed.cfg .
>      And once you discover that some answers are in template files
> in some udeb,
>      and how to discover the appropriate udeb.
> {My current quandary - how do I disable installing ANT boot loader?}
>   D. Use of meta-packages (custom or not) to install only relevant
> software.
>   E. etc. etc. ...

Most of these should probably be addressed by an additional section in
the installation guide which is integrated into the guide as a whole.

http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/d-i/trunk/manual/
and https://www.debian.org/doc/user-manuals#install should help you out;
I'd also contact debian-boot@lists.debian.org with a general plan of
action.

In all matters of government, the correct answer is usually: "Do
nothing"
 -- Robert Heinlein _Time Enough For Love_ p428