Re: no eth0 connection

On Tue, 01 Apr 2014 05:08:12 -0400 (EDT), Brian wrote:

> On Mon 31 Mar 2014 at 20:47:56 -0400, Stephen Powell wrote:
>>
>> Did you do anything that might have changed a MAC address?  Like changing
>> PC card Ethernet adapters, for example?  Or replacing a motherboard that
>> has a built-in Ethernet adapter?  The correspondence between
>> MAC addresses and interface names is controlled by
>> /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules.  You may need to edit this file
>> and change MAC addresses.
>
> Deleting the file is quicker and less hassle. It is rewritten at the
> next boot.

That used to be true, but it isn't anymore.  The file no longer gets
re-created during boot for newer Debian systems.  I just verified this
for my jessie system, and I'm pretty sure that wheezy works the same
way.  That is one reason why I recommend editing the file instead of
deleting it.

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell
 : :'  :