Re: Was I deleted?

Am Mon, 31 Mar 2014 23:13:30 -0800
schrieb Greg Madden <gomadtroll@gci.net>:

> On Monday 31 March 2014 10:48:51 you wrote:

> > > Hans, here's a recent bounce message I received:

> > > You can re-subscribe, I think.  Also, you could check with o2
> > > whether they can do that whitelist for you.
> > >
> > > In the longer term, you could, indeed, run a simple mail server on
> > > a free domain and on a dynamic IP for less-important mails such as
> > > lists, but for important mails you need a static ip, and postfix
> > > or exim, coupled with dovecot, on RAID1, and use rdiff-backup to
> > > snapshot the mail store to another machine every 4 hours.
> > > Otherwise, important email is best left to the isp, I think.
> > >
> > > regards, Ron
> >
> > Hi Ron.
> >
> > Yes, that is the mail I received. However, as it told me , I will
> > not be unsubscribed, I did nothing.
> >
> > Now I subscribed to the list again, hope this will fix things. If it
> > doesn't, I will have to talk to my isp.
> >
> > For the own mail server: In earlier times I was a postmaster for
> > myself. Ran postfix on the servers, so configuration will not be the
> > problem. The greater problem is the fixed IP I need. Of course I
> > could register a domain from dyndns.org, but then I am again hanging
> > at another provider. Rootservers is another solution, but not cheap.
> >
> > Lowest price will be a little talk with my provider, I guess. :) I
> > will be smart, they will be smart.
> >
> > And we will see, if my resubsription works.
> >

> > Thanks for the help!
> >
> > Best
> >
> > Hans
>
> Hans, I have the same issue, hence the personal email. The problem,
> folks who send messages to the list  with reply all or anything other
> than "reply to mail list"., lazy behavior or broken emailer..
>
> My spam filter at my isp quarrantines these, then bounces them if I
> don't manage , whitelist them.. which I do not want to do, so I get
> blocked by Debian User.
>
> I still recieve the user list, just can not post.
>

> Peace,
>
> Greg

Hmm, it looks, I made a mistake. When I receive a mail from the list, I
always reply to all, not to the list. I suppose, due to this behaviour,
I was unsubsribed whatever.

Besides, I subscribed again, but that did not work. Today I will talk
to my isp, if debian.org is blocked.

In my case it is upside down as at yours: I can send to the list, but
got no receives, you get receives but cannot send.

Let's see, what my isp says, I hope, the problem will be solved, soon.

And let us see, that I can avoid this trouble in the future.

Best regards

Hans