Re: Debian installs for the bandwidth limited (e.g. dialup)

On Mon 31 Mar 2014 at 08:13:17 -0500, Richard Owlett wrote:

> I install from purchased DVD sets as I am on dialup.
> I am also experimenting with how/what I install.
> When in experiment mode I may make several installs in a day.
> As there are only small differences between installs, I use
> preseeding extensively.
> I'm starting a new round after not doing much for a year.I'm being
> reminded of the dearth of information aimed at those installing from
> physical cd/dvd.

Some idea of what information is thought to be lacking would be useful.
It needn't be complete and comprehensive but that wouldn't be unwelcome.

> Is they anyone collecting this to one location?

You appear to be the only one doing so.

> I've got bits and pieces in correspondence and notes I made last
> time around but I don't have composition skills to put in a form
> suitable for a wiki/??? .

Truly, writing documentaion is not always the easiest of tasks.