Grub does not recognize lvm physical volume by uuid after restart

Hello dear debian users!

Recently, one jessie notebook I administer went through a forceful
shutdown (holding down the power button) and after that grub cannot see
the lvm physical volume by uuid. After trying to load the volume for
some seconds, it gives the following message and drops to a minimal
initramfs shell:

Gave up waiting for root device. Common problems:
- Boot args
 - check rootdelay=(long enough?)
 - check root=(right device?)
- Missing modules
ALERT! /dev/disk/by-uuid/090f9d09g0f9g-xx-xxxxxx does not exist.
Dropping to a shell

Using this minimal shell I'm able to go to this path and it actually
does not contain any reference to this physical volume. Also,
on /dev/mapper/ there is no reference to the root and home logical
volumes, but there is a reference to the swap logical volume.

Using a live distribution I had no problem mounting this volume and
accessing its contents, so no real damage, but I would be glad on some
pointers on how to make grub recognize it again. I've tried booting
"by-id" and old school "/dev/sdaX" directly but had no luck.

It was once installed using the default guided lvm partition from debian
installer.

TIA

--
André N. Batista