Re: Installing Debian debian-live-7.4-amd64

On 06/03/14 11:22, Gilles Pelletier wrote:
> I have been wanting to install Debian for a long time but have never
> succeded.
> Now I really want to succeed.
> Live dvd works well and connects to internet.
> Install stalls when detecting hardware.
> Graphical install stalls at screen titled "Detect network hardware".
> What can I do?

Tell us more about your network hardware, and post the error messages
from the log console (press Alt+F4 to see it at that point in the
installation).

What motherboard are you installing to, what is your network (manual IP,
dhcp, how does it connect to the internet wireless/wired/tethered/modem,
etc).

You should be able to open a console in the Live DVD and get more
information about why it's successful when the installer is not.
$ lspci | grep net
$ ip a
$ ip route

The more information we have, the better we can advise a solution.

Kind regards