Re: Email filtering - was Re: Here's how to make yourself happier

On Tue, 4 Mar 2014 16:38:17 +0800 (WST)
Bret Busby <bret@busby.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 4 Mar 2014, Steve Litt wrote:

<clip>

> > GARBAGE=/dev/null
> >
> > ### DEBIAN LIST UBERSCREAMER ARNOLD BIRD'S 4 ADDRESSES
> > :0:
> > * ^From.*naturallinux@dcemail.com
> > $GARBAGE
> >
> > :0:
> > * ^From.*arnoldbird@cosmicemail.com
> > $GARBAGE

<clip>

> Is that procmail, or is that postfix (or, sendmail)?

Procmail. Not knowing sendmail or postfix, I didn't know that they were
similar.

By the way, here's my email receiving system:

http://www.troubleshooters.com/lpm/201202/images/dovecot_setup.png

If you want to read the document that came from, it's here:

http://www.troubleshooters.com/lpm/201202/201202.htm

I'm really pleased with my email architecture because the email client
is used only for observing mail in Dovecot, so I can instantly replace
it with another IMAP aware email client any time I want.

SteveT