Re: Zimbra mail........

Am Freitag, 17. Januar 2014, 09:38:17 schrieb Charlie:
> 	From my Keyboard:
>
>   Just a quick question. Does anyone use Zimbra mail and know something
>   about setting it up. Have changed to a new ISP and they us Zimbra
>   mail. They set up the default account without too much trouble other
>   than I had to use Authentication in claws-mail to send emails.
>
> I set up a second account the same as the default, and it gives me
> error messages about authentication:
>
> [09:28:38] POP3< +OK mail.goipstar.com Zimbra POP3 server ready
>
> [09:28:38] POP3> USER snug@ipstarmail.com.au
>
> [09:28:39] POP3< +OK hello snug@ipstarmail.com.au, please enter your
> password
>
> [09:28:39] POP3> PASS ********
>
> [09:28:39] POP3< -ERR invalid username/password
>
> *** error occurred on authentication
>
> *** Authentication failed.
>
> I have checked and rechecked the password etc., etc.,
>
> Their techs set up the second account from their end and it still fails?
>
> I tried a simple password for test but it won't allow it?
>
> Anyone know anything about Zimbra mail?

We had a Zimbra groupware server in company and it just worked about right. We
had a perdition proxy to access it, but whether I accessed it directly from
the internal network (using a different port, cause the other port is reserved
for the proxy connection) or from extern, it just worked.

As to the exact credentials required, I suggest you ask your ISP. I think I
had the full mail address as passwort, but I am not entirely sure. If the ISP
is not willing to help you to setup with at least one widely known MTA – maby
icedove aka thunderbird – I would choose a different one.

Still, not Zimbra to blame for any incompetence on the side of the ISP.