Re: About to format the whole laptop, need some partitioning advice.

On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 1:45 PM, Anubhav Yadav <anubhav1691@gmail.com> wrote:
> Okay I figured out how to make more partitions on LVM, just want to
> make sure if the bootable flag on the LVM should be ON or OFF

I don't think LVM partitions can be booted at this point in time
without having more fun than you thought you wanted.

Only one partition should have its boot flag set. gparted will unset
all the rest for you.

The one that should be set bootable is the one where you install grub
and the boot kernel, the one we call /boot because it's usually
mounted there. If you haven't made that one, you probably need to go
back and make it. And the installer should complain if you don't.

--
Joel Rees

Be careful where you see conspiracy.
Look first in your own heart.