Re: About to format the whole laptop, need some partitioning advice.

>From the three possible choice you have enlisted me, I think lvm seems
to be the best option for me, '
so that I can give very little allocation to /var or /temp, and I can
later expand these logical volumes whenever
required?

A couple of questions:

1) Suppose I give more allocation to /var and later find out that I
require more space for /home partition,
can I shrink my /temp partition and increase my /home partition?

2) I need to find how to increase the partitions in LVM, can they be
easily done using gparted?