Re: About to format the whole laptop, need some partitioning advice.

On Sun, Feb 9, 2014 at 8:09 AM, Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> And, sorry to seem slow, but why would a messed up hard drive prevent
> access to the BIOS?  Now a faulty motherboard could, and it is not
> unheard of for repairs to fail to function.

While there is a possibility that he's taken the covers off without
proper precautions against static electricity and fried the controller
in a way that say, ties an IRQ active or something, I'm guessing that
he's simply not used to the boot sequence and where it hangs is a bit
past the BIOS.

And, as we know about people who are trained to work on MSWindows,
they are trained not to fix anything that's too hard. Time is money,
etc.

--
Joel Rees

Be careful where you see conspiracy.