Re: About to format the whole laptop, need some partitioning advice.

On 02/08/2014 10:29 PM, Anubhav Yadav wrote:
Now, If I remove my hdd and plug it in the dell
laptop and then boot the laptop?

Understand that if the HDD has bad electronics, anything you plug it into could be damaged.

I always keep an old desktop machine around as my "workbench". If I smoke a HDD port, the motherboard, or a whole machine, that would be inconvenient, but not a show-stopper. A workbench, a cache of used/ spare parts, and a few of the right tools make trouble-shooting far easier.

Do you have an anti-static wrist strap and spare anti-static bags?

David