Re: How to block kernel updates

On Saturday 08 February 2014 23:40:59 Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> On Sb, 08 feb 14, 22:43:41, Lisi Reisz wrote:
> > I'm quite happy to let it go on upgrading itself as it has so
> > far.  If I mess with it I shall only cause myself problems.  The
> > developers know way more than I do!
>
> Installing newer kernel packages might actually be safer than
> upgrading the same kernel, because unless you remove it yourself
> the old kernel image will still be available and selectable in the
> grub menu.

Thanks, Andrei.  I do usually remove old kernels because I can't see
the wood for the trees if there are too many there.  At the moment I
have again removed the ones I don't have any use for.

I used to do so always.  Well, keep one older one for if there are
problems.  But I am still scared of GRUB 2 and can't so easily see
what is there as I could with GRUB 1.

I must obviously conquer this.  <takes deep breath>

Lisi