Re: How to block kernel updates

On Sat, 2014-02-08 at 10:02 +0000, Joe wrote:
> The risk is about having that happen without noticing. Generally, I
> keep an eye on what sid is updating, but even this long after a
> release, it's still tens of megabytes a day. I don't check all of them

I always read all package names before updating, for each distro I use.
For Arch in addition I should read the news on the homepage, but often I
don't do it.

Newbies are unable to evaluate what package updates could be very risky,
so for Debian they should stay with stable and for Arch they always
should read the news first.

And they never ever should update Ubuntu :D.

Btw. backups are a nice invention ;). A tidy packages cache is useful
too.

IIRC there's a roll back archive/repository for Debian too, but I don't
remember the URL.