Re: About to format the whole laptop, need some partitioning advice.

Something really bad happened. I went to format all my partitions from
the windows 8 installation menu (Bootable usb) and when I went to
format boot partition of windows 100 mb,the installer hanged (typical
of windows) After waiting for say half an hour, I hard-rebooted the
laptop and it was stuck on the bios splash screen. I could do nothing,
could not enter bios,nor could enter the boot menu.

So I took my laptop to the Asus service center. They connected my
hardisk to a casing and the hardisk was not even detected on their
computers.
So they confidently said that your hardisk has been damaged and no
matter what you do, you cannot revive it. You can get a new hardisk
for blah blah money.

I am so badly screwed. After waiting for two months to get my laptop
back (motherboard replacement) I am so badly screwed. I so badly
wanted to prepare for gsoc, literally cried.

Thanks a lot everyone for taking out their precious time and replying
so beautifully to me. So thankful to everyone!