Re: harddrives with built-in NAND fkash

On 02/08/2014 02:45 AM, Ric Moore wrote:
On 02/07/2014 04:39 PM, Fabrice Vaillant wrote:
I have used the same kind of drive as a main drive on my laptop. While I
have no proof that the extra nand where used, I tend to think they were.
There wasn't any extra drive showing in gparted or other tool. Plus
those nand are used by the drive to store most used file and quicken the

Thanks! I was wondering about that and didn't want to jump into deep water without looking first. Do you see any improvement ...like boot times? I'd hate for the darn thing to be looking for a Windows file system to be installed. Ric

I did find it quick to boot but I was coming from a hold hdd on different system, so I can't directly compare. On the other hand now I have repalced it by a ssd and the boot time seems the same whereas big application like gimp, that I barely use, seems faster, so I'd say this NAND were put to a good use. Don't worry about it needing a windows though.

Fabrice