Re: need to reverse an apt-get upgrade

On 07/02/14 04:52 PM, Go Linux wrote:

On Fri, 2/7/14, Frank McCormick <debianlist@videotron.ca> wrote:

  Subject: Re: need to reverse an apt-get upgrade
  To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
  Date: Friday, February 7, 2014, 3:01 PM

      That would be easy...IF I hadn't cleared out
  the archives BEFORE I
  noticed what my stupidity had done. Are the previous
  packages available
  anywhere ??

  Thanks

Synaptic keeps a history of all downloaded packages.  Look under File > History.  I'm sure there's probably a way to get that information via cli also (but I don't know how).

Yes it's there but I also have a history log in /var/log/apt . It'll be useful when I visit snapshot.debian.net :)

Thanks

--
Your mail is being read by tight-lipped
NSA agents who fail to see the humor in Doctor