Re: Difference between apt and apt-get

On 06/02/14 16:43, Muntasim-Ul-Haque wrote:
> Hi,
> I want to know what is the basic difference between *apt*, as in /apt
> update/ and *apt-get*, as in /apt-get update/.
> Thanks,
> Muntasim-Ul-Haque

>From the man pages:-

APT is a *management system* for software packages. For normal day to
day package management there are several frontends available, such as
aptitude(8) for the command line or  synaptic(8) for the X Window
System. Some options are only implemented in apt-get(8) though.

apt-get is the *command-line tool* for handling packages, and may be
considered the user's "back-end" to other tools using the APT library.

Kind regards