Re: About to format the whole laptop, need some partitioning advice.

On 02/05/2014 12:43 AM, Anubhav Yadav wrote:
It's GDM. I haven't tried any other on this laptop, I can install
lightDM. But then after formatting
I am going to ditch gnome and switch to awesome.

I liked Gnome 2 on Debian 5 and 6. When I upgraded to Debian 7, I disliked Gnome 3. So, I settled for Xfce. Since then, I've discovered MATE -- a fork of Gnome 2 with packages available for Debian (and others):

    http://mate-desktop.org/

I recently wiped and rebuilt a desktop machine using Wheezy, de-selected "Graphical desktop environment" during installation, and then installed MATE and lightdm afterwards. Very nice. :-)

David