Re: Any reason not to run amd64 these days?

On 02/05/2014 07:13 AM, berenger.morel@neutralite.org wrote:

>> I've had nothing but trouble with my first amd64 system.  The 3.12
>> kernel
>> of jessie won't even boot for me.  But my experience appears to be
>> atypical.  The general public isn't having such problems, it seems.
>>
>> --
>>   .''`.     Stephen Powell
>>  : :'  :
>>  `. `'`
>>    `-
>
> Simply curious, what kind of error message did you had? ( if you
> remember, of course )

I tried to do an upgrade from wheezy to jessie a few weeks ago. Once I
was done with the updates & rebooted, all I got was a black screen, I
couldn't even get to a terminal window, the PC was frozen. Ended up
restoring wheezy.. on my Dell desktop AMD_64.

--
Paul Cartwright