Re: Kernel panics after wheezy upgrade (but blaming hardware)

On Sun, Feb 02, 2014 at 02:23:38PM -0700, Rick Macdonald wrote:
> read-only without rebooting. I was seeing journal errors (ext3
> filesystem). Then I saw a BIOS message saying a hard drive failure
> was imminent.

Had a hard drive with many bad blocks on it, and run debian(Woody IIRC)
on it as small home NAT/Print server after try isolate the bad blocks to
another partition. Despite the unreliable disk, it only reboot itself
every several weeks, as for kernel panic, I don't remember it clearly.
I guess with disk error, any problems is possible.

> (Antec Earthwatts 430W EA-430D). The machine is an HP Pavillion
> MutilMedia TV PC, so there's an Hauppage TV tuner card installed. I

Could there be some kind of hardware conflict? IRQ or DMA? How about
move the TV card to another slot?

--
Chen Wei