Re: Question regarding swap partition when installing Linux Mint Debian.

On Mon, Feb 03, 2014 at 02:38:16AM -0800, Rick Thomas wrote:
> For example, if you decide to put /tmp in a ramdisk, you may want to
> allocate a swap partition that's much larger than your RAM as backup
> in case somebody needs *lots* of space in /tmp.

+1 for the /tmp example.

> My personal rule of thumb is, "Start with twice your RAM and adjust
> from there depending on experience."

How about use a swapfile? Given the large RAM today, allocate dozens
gigabytes of swap partition that rarely used seems a waste. Besides, it
is easier to change the size of a swapfile than size of a swap
partition.

--
Chen Wei