Re: wheezy + xfce + samsung galaxy S3 android doesn't mount

On Thu, 30 Jan 2014 14:32:09 -0500
Paul Cartwright <pbcartwright@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there some magic, besides mtpfs to make xfce mount my android
> phone? Thunar doesn't see it, yet I can cd to the mount point and cd
> down to the DCIM... pictures folder in a terminal window,
> now I remember why I changed to MATE before, because it just worked in
> MATE..

I had the exact same problem, now I just plug in my galaxy, leave it a
bit and am able to mount it with nautilus, about the only gnomeic thing
that I do use regularly. I found initially that nautilus, nemo, thunar,
konqueror, spacefm, all saw the galaxy but none of them could mount it,
but pcmanfm could and did. Now nautilus does it quite happily on its
own.

I have mtpfs installed, along with jmtpfs since yesterday [its only
just arrived in sid, so its still in testing mode to see what it does!]
and also mtp-tools. Still unable to "mount" the galaxy the traditional
way, i.e. plug it in, and it automounts and appears in output of
command "mount" in terminal. Mind you, none of my usb drives automount
either, so it might just be a quirk with my system?

Sharon.
Debian testing, Fluxbox 1.3.5, emacs 24.3.50.1
Registered Linux user 561944