Any reason not to run amd64 these days?

I've been running 32bit Debian since release 0.93, before buzz was released. I've been through a few PCs over these 20 years, and now my latest one is dying on me (HP Dual core Pentium D, 4GB RAM).

I'd like to take a step up and get a machine with more memory (12 or 16GB). I've done some searching and it seems these days there are no limitations with having access to all Debian packages, especially if one uses the multi-arch feature.

Still, I'd like to ask on the list here. Are there any issues with switching to amd64? What about drivers?

The new machine will likely be an off-the-shelf HP I7-4470 CPU machine with an NVIDIA GeForce card, somewhere between a GT635 and a GTX660.

What about running 32 bit windows and apps in wine or VMWare?

Regards,
Rick