Re: May I introduce to you ..... 'beeb'

On Sun, 02 Feb 2014 15:51:04 +1100
Scott Ferguson <scott.ferguson.debian.user@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 02/02/14 00:13, Sharon Kimble wrote:
> >
> > May I introduce to you ‘beeb’ the all-singing, all-dancing, upgrade
> > to ‘get-iplayer’!
> >
> <snipped>
> >
> > Any problems, or further instruction required, please let me know.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Sharon.
> >

> Thanks - it looks interesting. (if only there was something similar
> for Australian Broadcasting Corporations iview).
>
> I can't seem to find the source to the binary you provide. Have you
> released it?

The 'binary I provide'? If you mean the programme itself, its on my
blog, and in my bitbucket, you can get it from either source. If you
have the programme, then you've got the source, I can't think of any
other way of phrasing it.

> Is it related to the Debian package?
> http://packages.debian.org/wheezy/get-iplayer

'beeb' has been described as a "wrapper" to get-iplayer, in that it
uses get-iplayer but also extends it in an area in which get-iplayer
doesn't have any input/focus, specifically the MPD-playlist.

> Are there any potential problems with permissions? e.g.:-
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/bbcinternet/2010/03/bbc_iplayer_content_protection.html

I know of none, after all, its only using get-iplayer as its been
released to use, and in the way that it should be used. All I've done
is codified a pattern of usage of get-iplayer in a logical manner!

Sharon.
Debian testing, Fluxbox 1.3.5, emacs 24.3.50.1
Registered Linux user 561944