Re: making my Wheezy beep. How? [solved]

On 20140131_205050, Nate Bargmann wrote:
> * On 2014 31 Jan 15:38 -0600, David Guntner wrote:
> > I forgot to mention:  The "play" command is part of the SoX package, so
> > if you try running it and get a "not found" response, install sox.
>
> There is also 'aplay' from the alsa-utils package which would appear to
> do the same.
>
> - Nate

Both work for me, and I have found a .wav file that is much less
annoying than the traditional computer beep which I can't really hear
anymore with my aging (81yr) ears. For anyone who actually wants to
hear a beep this is much more pleasant. The .wav file came from
http://www.villagegeek.com/html/wavfiles1.htm

My problem is solved.
Thankyou.

--