Re: "cloning" a debian installation

On 01/02/14 08:02, Wally Lepore wrote:
> Hi Fabrice,
>
> You have many questions that need answering from advanced users on
> this list however as a kind suggestion, I can  recommend a free
> program called "EaseUS Disk Copy". I have used this software to clone
> a complete copy of Windows from one hard disk to another. It worked
> perfect for my specific use. Please verify with other more advanced
> Debian users (on this list) as to whether this program will work with
> Debian.

<unspam>

Please don't top-post Wally.

Others have already pointed out requirement and license problems. I've
used the product in that past and can't recommend it over a score of
Open Source Windows tools - unless marketing expediture counts.

That's not to say some Debian users wouldn't find it useful under
limited circumstances - as it lacks support for xfs, ext4, reiser, jfs,
and btrfs.

> Best wishes
>
> On Fri, Jan 31, 2014 at 1:45 PM, Fabrice Vaillant <fa.vaillant@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi
>> I'm using debian 7.3 on my laptop (Dell E5530) and it runs perfectly fine.
>> I'm considering remplacing the hdd by a ssd.
>> The thing is I'd rather not go through the hassle of setting up debian to
>> suit my computer. The question I'm asking is, what would be the simplest
>> way(if it is possible) to "clone" my existing installation onto the new ssd.
<snipped>

Kind regards