Re: gpm dumping info to /var/log/messages

On Wednesday 08 January 2014 01:17 PM, Mike McClain wrote:
Is there any way to stop gpm from dumping to /var/log/messages every
time I copy/paste without stopping other deamons from writing info
there too? I see no such provisions in the man pages.
Thanks,
Mike
--
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

Hi Mike,

You should look at the manpage and documentation of rsyslog.conf

if you want to discard messages from gpm you could add a line in the RULES section which goes
#this discards all messages from gpm
gpm.*   ~

HTH,
Kailash