Re: Iceweasel weird behavior

On Wed, 08 Jan 2014 16:11:08 +0100
Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net> wrote:

> Did you test different terminal emulators?
When it's started as "Application in Terminal" from menu, xterm opens
automatically and Iceweasel behaves strangely (same as if simply
opened from menu). If I start it manually, it works ok in any terminal
emulator, including xterm.

> You get no messages in the terminal emulator?
No. Well, yes, but they are identical for both normal and unnormal
behavior.
On iceweasel start, in both my terminals get:

(process:21280): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_slice_set_config: assertion
`sys_page_size == 0' failed

(but nothing happens, Iceweasel still works in both cases)

On trying to download rar, I get

[ConvConfHandler] isPreferred contentType: application/x-rar-compressed

After that, one starts the download, the other one freezes, no more
messages.

> There are no messages in ~/.xsession-errors?
Oh, thanks. There is!

This seems to be it:

(iceweasel:17799): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_clipboard_set_with_data:
assertion `targets != NULL' failed

This message does not appear in terminal, for some reason. And it only
appears on Iceweasel freezing.

--
Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Best wishes,
Alex S.