Re: stable mix testing

On Tue, 07 Jan 2014 20:16:55 +0100, Pol Hallen <deben@fuckaround.org> wrote:
apt-get upgrade

libfaac0 libsqlite3-0 mate-backgrounds mate-icon-theme mate-themes

Also commenting mate repository I've same problem. I need keep debian stable and upgrade only one package. Is this because mate has become to debian (testing?). How keep whole debian stable and install a package (only one yes -) from testing? Any idea?

Don't run an upgrade, simply force to install a version of that one package you want to upgrade. OTOH even if you try to do it this way, by forcing to install one package by a special version, it could happen that other packages, that are dependent, need to be upgraded too.

Perhaps you could build a package for this one what-ever-it-is and install this special version to opt?

You should provide the relevant info. What should be updated to a testing version and why should it be updated?