Re: Mail without MUA?

Erwan David wrote:
Le 07/01/2014 19:10, Brian a écrit :
On Tue 07 Jan 2014 at 18:33:06 +0100, Hans wrote:

I am wondering, why debian has already downloaded, although I got no MUA
started. When I start kmail, all mails are already downloaded.

Do you have any clue, where I can look, and which MTA might be resp0onsible
for it? I suspected postfix, but it looks like there is another MTA running.
Weird too, that this one must know my passwords for mail.
Exim's logs are in /var/log/exim4; Postfix may use /var/log/mail*. Have
a root around there. Also,

   ps ax | grep <whatever>

for a running daemon.

However a MUA won't download emails from a MTA, but from a POP or IMAP
server.

What makes you think they were "downloaded".

Also note that kmail is linked to akonadi which may act silently before
you start kmail.

What Erwan said. Sounds more like SMTP mail being processed by your MTA, with local delivery.

Miles Fidelman